As you prepare to beat the summer heat and have a blast being outdoors, don't forget to prepare your skin and body to face the harsh weather.
Here are some simple easy-to-follow tips for a healthy, glowing skin this summer :
- Keep yourself hydrated - Summers mean scorching sun and that would lead to internal dehydration. So make sure you always keep a bottle of water with you to keep yourself hydrated at all time. Intake of atleast 7-8 glasses of water daily would not only help maintain critical moisture balance of your body and skin but also assist in detoxification.
- Apply Sunscreen daily - Religiously apply a sunscreen atleast 30minutes before you go outdoors and re-apply every 2-3hours for better protection from harmful sunrays. If you are not sure which sunscreen would suit your skin, read our last blog post where we covered the different types of sunscreens and SPFs. We also recommend you to use Bio Morning Nectar SPF 30 Eye Cream to protect your eye area and Bio Morning Nectar SPF 30 lip balm that lightens and protects your lips.
- Exfoliate gently - Exfoliation becomes a necessary step to follow in summers to make way for a clearer, smoother skin. A gentle exfoliating product like Bio Papaya tan-removal scrub would help remove dead skin cells and remove tan from your sun-exposed skin. Ideally, you should exfoliate your skin in the mornings before the application of toner, moisturizer, SPF and make-up.
- Soothe your skin - After continuous sun exposure in summer, it becomes really important to soothe and refreshen your skin with cooling gels or balms to help prevent peeling or redness. We recommend you to use Bio Almond oil cleanser which would help wash away any makeup or impurities, and leave your skin feeling fresh. You can also make Bio Cucumber toner a part of your daily skincare regime, which is an effective cooling toner suitable for normal to oily skin.
- Eat nutritious food - In summers, your body is not able to digest all the heavy foods, fast food and fried dishes, therefore you should eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables to keep yourself healthy. Fruits like watermelons, berries, and vegetables like cucumber, other leafy green vegetables contain essential nutrients that will keep you hydrated during hot summer days.
These simple tips would make you glow all day long and stay healthy all summer.